We value our clients, our people and our environment. This policy covers our office-based operations Australia-wide.
AGS has a responsibility to government and the wider Australian community to limit the negative impact our operations may have on the environment and to implement practical improvements. To this end, we will:
- comply with relevant Commonwealth legislation and applicable environmental policies
- implement practical, cost-effective measures to reduce waste and save on our usage of energy and other resources
- identify and support the roles and responsibilities of key employees in relation to the implementation and maintenance of this policy
- integrate environmental management with our business process improvement framework
- provide appropriate resources to support these commitments
- make this policy statement publicly available on the AGS website.
AGS Greening Group is made up of volunteers from different teams within AGS who are interested in working on environment initiatives intended to assist AGS to reduce the impact of its operations on the environment.
We have groups in most AGS offices that work together to implement the environment policy nationally in areas such as environmental purchasing, energy usage, waste and recycling, water conservation and travel.
We are interested in environmental initiatives that are cost-effective, with a limited impact on individual staff, but a high impact on our environmental footprint.
Recent initiatives have included a mobile phone muster, a battery muster and annual support for National Ride to Work Day and Earth Hour.